Is there funding available for NEBOSH Qualifications?

Low interest rates, high inflation and a rocky economy can make it difficult for businesses and individuals to justify expenditure on non-essential items such as training (especially if you’re paying for it yourself).

But embarking on training and giving yourself the chance of career development isn’t something that should be pushed a side – even if it’s expensive.

High level qualifications such as NEBOSH are no different in that respect, and fortunately there IS financial help available for adult learners in the UK, provided they meet the criteria of each scheme. Here are some of the options available to prospective delegates:

Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Services (ELCAS)

If you’re currently a member or an ex-member of the Armed Forces, the MOD’s Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Service (ELCAS) scheme provides its members with a wide range of level three or above workplace health and safety training courses to further their next career step.

The ELCAS scheme provides financial support in the form of a single up-front payment in each of a maximum of three separate financial years. Depending on your length of service, you can claim up to 80 per cent of any NEBOSH Certificate and Diploma level course fees. RoSPA works closely with ELCAS as a learning provider offering an array of NEBOSH courses for professionals within health and safety. For more information visit our website.

CITB Construction Skills Grant (CITB)

The Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) has funding available for the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety (NCC) of up to £600. This grant is available for companies within the construction industry that are registered with the CITB. Find out more information on the CITB Construction Skills Grant website.

ReAct Funding in Wales

For people resident in Wales who have been made redundant or under notice of redundancy in the last three months, they can claim up to £1,500 of funding for training. To apply for the ReAct vocational training grant, visit Careers Wales website for more on ReAct.

Charity and Voluntary Sectors

NEBOSH and the Charities Safety Group assist small charities and voluntary sector organisations by working with course providers who offer scholarships for the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. Visit the NEBOSH website for more information on this grant for charities.

If you require further information on available funding, please contact us on +44 (0)121 248 2233 or email.

Powered by

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: