In our new series of blogs, we take a bitesize look at a number of the training courses RoSPA offers. Quick facts and key benefits, so you’ve got all you need to know to find the right course for you and your business.
What’s more, all of our “Training in a nutshell” guides come with a strict 300 word limit!
In a tweet: “Learn about the important role played by hoists in the moving of people.”
It’s for you if…
- You’ve attended the RoSPA patient manual handling trainers course – Level 3 or equivalent within the last three years, and have a recognised training qualification or extensive training experience.
- You are responsible for implementing safe systems of work for people handling or for training and supervising staff using hoists.
5 key benefits:
- Be confident when dealing with current legislation and case law impacting on practice relating to use of the hoist
- Develop a strong knowledge of the types of hoists and slings that are available as well as gain the ability to conduct a hoist and sling assessment
- Know how to explain the legislation relevant to the use of a hoist and its attachments
- Be an expert on current best practice relating to hoist use
- Discover the benefits of the patient/client lifting equipment available to you.
What do I tell my boss?
“This course will help our staff feel more confident and make our residents/clients safer. It will also allow our organisation to reduce and minimise bad practice for residents/clients and carers.”
Where can I find out more?